Thursday 20 August 2009

Kenenisa Bekele The Road Runner of Athletics





Kenenisa is the new Haile Gebre Selassie of the tracks. I remember being bored watching long distance running but now I get hooked on the race from start to finish. The Ethiopian runners are so exciting to watch. What amazes me is his pace and stamina the last lap how he sprints like a road runner does he have some reserved energy up his sleeve? How does he psych himself to suddenly do a fast lap at the end of the race or is it the bell that wakes him up. The man is such a legend and will be up there with the great Ethiopian runners such as Haile Gebre Selassie and and Abebe Bekila. I even like his little gesture he does at the end of the race the Ethiopian 'cross bow and arrow' Denise Lewis made a very rude comment about his arms may not be as big as Bolt's but if it is an Ethiopian way of celebrating then let it be. What she meant to say was his arms may not be as beefy as hers but hes cool regardless. I hope he wins this Sunday and I will be cheering him on I wonder when he will sprint away from the crowd this tie BEEP BEEP

No comments: